sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012


It's now been many days since I left Shanzu...
It's been many new images, many other smells, many different faces..
I can no longer recall all the words to the songs the kids used to sing to us, I can no longer picture the path we walked every morning that would lead us to the children's warmest welcome..
Now, when I shut my eyes, I see the paved street outside.. my nephew's smile.. people hurrying places.. big new buildings and cars... more people hurrying places....
I mentally go through the emails on my blackberry and plan the places I myself will be hurrying to tomorrow...
I am too busy, too stressed, too westerned.... too comfortable once again.........

I am too far away.........

Half a year ago I was part of what now arrives in the form of some required pictures taken thousands of miles away.. A few months ago, I too felt the heat, the dust, the sadness and joys of life at Shanzu..
Today I can't take those 5 extra minutes to talk to Zawadi about why Christopher was so strict with her, or lose track of time playing with Suleman..

Now they're pictures without me....

I miss you marafiki.....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Merci per enriquir el blog amb el teu comentari!
Gracias por enriquecer el blog con tu comentario!
Thanks for adding to the blog with your comment!
:)